Bahrain - Day 1
Nico Hulkenberg set the fastest time today in Bahrain, as the Mercedes-engined teams took three of the top four spots on the timesheet.
"Today we didn’t get as many laps as we would have liked (74), because we know the car can go further." - Lewis Hamilton.
"We have fixed the problems from Jerez, we had a problem with temperature which we seemed to have fixed today with the couple of laps that we could do." - Sebastian Vettel.
"I think when you don’t drive it is not positive, we don’t understand 100 per cent why the fuel system problem happened, because every time we have this problem we have to dismount the car, mount again, and every time you mount and dismount you lose three hours. We need to pass through so many things and I hope tomorrow will be OK." - Felipe Massa.
"To be honest, there are so many things going on at the rear of the car that I can’t understand everything, but it was related to the engine or batteries or things like that. Nothing too crazy, Hopefully we can understand it and get better solutions for tomorrow and the day after." - Roman Grosjean.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
- Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m36.880s 78
- Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m37.879s +0.999s 64
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m37.908s +1.028s 74
- Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 1m38.295s +1.415s 81
- Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m40.224s +3.344s 14
- Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari 1m40.443s +3.563s 82
- Robin Frijns Caterham-Renault 1m42.534s +5.654s 68
- Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault 1m44.346s +7.466s 5
- Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m44.832s +7.952s 8
- Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes no time set 5
- Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari no time set 3